Offered By Our Nurse Practitioners and Practice Nurses
Our nurse practitioners and practice nurses are all fully qualified and are registered with the Royal College of Nursing. They provide a comprehensive service and run their own surgeries. Our Nurse Practitioners are able to examine patients, order tests, make a diagnosis and prescribe treatments like a GP!
Clinics offered include:
- Triage clinics for minor illnesses (nurse practitioner only)
- Cervical smears
- Travel and routine vaccinations
- Blood tests and blood pressure checks
- Ear syringing
- Asthma and diabetes monitoring
- Heart disease checks/screening
- Family planning services
- HRT and menopause counselling/advice
- Acupuncture for GP referrals
- Over 75 health checks
- Baby clinic
- Health promotion/ health MOT... and many, many more services.
Offered By Our District Nurses
Our district nurses are responsible for all domiciliary visits, i.e. patients who are completely housebound.
They provide the following comprehensive service:
- Care of chronically sick and disabled patients
- Care of terminally ill patients
- Give injections e.g. flu vaccinations etc
- Care of diabetic patients
- Leg ulcer dressings
- Catheter care/stoma care
- Bowel care
- Removal of sutures
- Ear syringing
- Incontinence care... and many, many more services.
- Over 75 clinic
- Respiratory clinic
- Chronic heart disease (CHD)
- Baby screening and immunisations
- Minor surgery
- In-house physiotherapy
- Family planning and cervical smears
- Teenage access
- Ear, Nose and Throat
The clinics are held at the surgery on various days. Please enquire at reception for further details.